Glimpses of Darjeeling & Sikkim
Nestled on the lap of the mighty Himalayas are these two places that are amazingly refreshing and easy going destinations. A must for the culture and nature enthusiast.
Visit the bustling towns and remote villages, interact with the locals. Blend into the natural beauty, soak up the Himalayan atmosphere and walk the land so different than the rest of India that you'll ask yourself - Is it really India? Vibrant people, cultural contrast, changing landscape, high mountains, beautiful monasteries and unforgettable hospitality - this is Darjeeling and Sikkim.
- Day 1 - Arrival transfer and drive to Kalimpong.
- Day 2 - Full day kalimpong sightseeing.
- Day 3 - Drive to Gangtok via Rumtek Monastery.
- Day 4 - Full day sightseeing of Gangtok.
- Day 5 - Yuksum - Evening walk towards the Coronation Throne.
- Day 6 - Pelling - drive to Pelling via Kecheopalri Lake.
- Day 7 - Drive to remote organic farmstay in a village named Mineral Spring.
- Day 8 - Full day excursion and activities at the village.
- Day 9 - Drive to Darjeeling and evening free.
- Day 10 - Morning sunrise and sightseeing of the town.
- Day 11 - Free day at liesure in Darjeeling.
- Day 12 - Departure to airport or railway station. End of tour.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
The nearest airport Bagdogra (80 kms from Darjeeling and 110 kms from Gangtok) is connected to Calcutta, Delhi, Guwahati and other metro cities in India.
The two nearest railway stations are New Jalpaiguri (NJP) and Siliguri where NJP is directly connected by rail with all the important places in India.
By Toy Train to Darjeeling
This is a fun ride but also a very slow ride through picturesque scenery of Darjeeling. It could take around 8-9 hours to reach Darjeeling by Toy Train. So the recommended thing to do is to take a short joy ride instead.
Approximately 82 kms from Siliguri (road connection to other cities in India) and New Jalpaiguri (closest railway station connecting to other major cities) Darjeeling and Gangtok is easily reachable within 3 hours from both these places.